You can control who has access to your page by changing page permissions. (Note: You cannot change permissions on pages in your My Pages area. You are the only person who can access those pages.)
If you have not just created the page, click on the
"Edit Page" link at the top right of the content area.
To change the page permissions,
- Click on the Permissions tab in the tab bar:
Properties Content Layout Permissions
- You will see a list of roles specific to the page -- Faculty and Students on a course page, Leaders and Members on a Campus Group page. You will also see a list of Global User roles the members of which which are generated automatically by settings in the CARS database.
- Click the checkbox for the role(s) you wish to include.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page.
You may also create a new role to grant access to your page by a group of individuals not defined by a Global User role.
- Underneath the page specific roles, click on the "Add a Role" link.
- Enter a name for your role in the Role Name field.
- Click on the "Add Individual Users" link.
- Highlight the name(s) of the individual(s) you want to add to the role. Hold down the Control key while you click to add multiple people at the same time.
- Click on the --> Add button when you are done. This will move these people to the Selected Users box. To remove someone from the selected Users box, highlight their name and click the <-- Remove button.
- Click on OK at the bottom of the box.
- You will return to the previous screen where you entered a name for your role.
- Faculty members on course pages, can also click a link to "Choose from roles in all my courses", if they have created roles on other course pages.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and CLICK SAVE. Otherwise, your role will not be created.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Exit to get back to your page.