In order to post to a bulletin board, you must have permission to do so. Some bulletin boards may be set up for read only access, in which case, posting a message will not be an option for you.
If you have permission to post, when you click on a topic, you will see two links at the right edge of the line with the topic name: Post a Message and Subscribe (or Unsubscribe) to Topic.
Post a New Message
- Click on the topic to which you want to post.
- Click on Post a Message.
- The Manage Message View form will open with the following fields:
Subject - Will appear on the list of postings under a topic.
Message - The body of your posting, displayed when someone clicks on your subject in the postings list.
Attachment - You can attach a file to your post.
Delete After - You choose to have your post deleted automatically after a set number of days. By default, your post will be set to Never delete.
Show My Photo - Uncheck this box, as we are not using photos in the portal.
- Click on Post a Message to post the message, Preview to see what your post will look like, or Cancel if you don't wish to submit a post at this time.
- If you click on Preview, you will then have the option to Post a Message, Edit (to go back and edit your post) or Cancel.
Reply to a Message
- Click on the Subject link for message to which you want to reply. This will display the original message posted, plus a link to "View All Replies" (a list of all messages related to that subject).
- Click on the Reply link for the original message, or any of its replies, on the right side of the page.
- The Manage Message View form will open, similar to when you post a new message, but with the following changes:
Subject - will display "Re: " followed by the original subject.
Quote Original - this is a link found just under and to the right of the Message text box. Click this link to insert the original message into the Message text box.
Original Message - The original message is displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Click Send, Preview or Cancel.
- If you clicked send, you will see a message that reads "Your reply has been sent to the author of the post." The author will receive an email from you including your message, a link to the bulletin board and an email link to reply directly to you. In addition, your reply is saved in the list of replies to the subject.