Make a Payment
(Student ID, name, and date of birth are required)
Transfer funds to ColbyCard
(Click on the bottom Guest / Parent Deposit section, Student Name and Student ID are required)
myColby Help/Password Reset
(Forgot your password? click Password Reset)
Parent PLUS Loan Information (We process loans for 2015-16 school year after June 15, 2015 to May 1, 2016 for full-time continuing students.)
- Students must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- We request that students to make a decision about borrowing a Federal Student Loan (using the Federal Loan Request Form) before parents pursue a PLUS loan. Colby will process the Federal Student Loan before processing the Parent PLUS Loan.
- Parents interested in borrowing must "Request a PLUS Loan" at studentloans.gov under the Parent Borrowers tab.
- First-time parent borrowers will be instructed by Colby when to complete the PLUS Loan promissory note.
- Standard practice will be to process a PLUS loan for the full year, split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. The date range for the full year is 9/9/2015 to 5/16/2016. If students are studying away on an approved program, or attending for only one semester, single semester PLUS loans should be requested. The date range for the fall semester is 9/9/2015 to 1/28/2016. The date range for the spring semester is 2/3/2016 to 5/16/2016.
- We encourage parents to review the PLUS counseling link for important rights and responsibilities.