If you have been in close contact (exposure at a distance of 6 feet or less for 15 minutes or more) to a COVID-19-positive person and are not vaccinated, or you have been vaccinated but are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms following such a close contact, you will be required to stay off campus and quarantine until we are certain you have not been infected with the virus.
- Stay home except to get essential medical care. If you must seek medical attention, always call ahead to let your provider know your situation, and wear a face covering.
- Stay isolated from other members of your household and limit visitors. If possible, stay away from your family in a separate room with a private bathroom.
- Do not share dishes, towels, or bedding with other people in your home.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Continue to monitor your symptoms and complete the symptom tracker every day.
- If you begin to have difficulty breathing or experience any other COVID-19 symptoms, seek prompt medical attention from your primary care provider or go to the emergency room (wear a mask, and always call ahead).
- Primary COVID-19 symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What Will be Needed for you to Return to Work
- Employees in quarantine may be cleared to return to work following 7 days of quarantine from the date of exposure and 24 hours of being asymptomatic of COVID-19 symptoms.
- In addition, quarantining employees will have the option to continue to participate in the testing program. While in quarantine, only come to campus for testing. Prior to your test, arrange a time with the test group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Instructions will be provided about how the test will be conducted. Please leave immediately after your test.
- Work with EHS Director Wade Behnke at 207-859-5504 to discuss your quarantine and eligibility to return to work. Do not return to campus/work until authorized by the EHS director.
- If cleared to return, the EHS director will notify Human Resources and your immediate supervisor with your return date.
For more information review the CDC COVID-19 website: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Colby College COVID-19 informational website: covid19.colby.edu
Colby’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 1-800-554-6931
Colby’s Benefits web page: colby.edu/humanresources/benefits
Colby’s Talent Development web page: colby.edu/humanresources/training-and-development/current-schedule