Employee Isolation Instructions
If you are identified through the Colby COVID-19 testing program as testing positive for SARS-CoV-2, commonly known as the coronavirus or COVID-19, please review the information below to help address your questions and concerns.
Communication of COVID-19 Positive Test
- If you have medical questions and concerns regarding recovery and symptoms, contact your primary care physician for guidance.
- If you are in a high-risk category, it is strongly recommended that you notify your primary care physician for additional guidance on self-care and follow-up as needed.
- It is recommended that you notify family members and friends you have had close contact with and advise them of your positive test result.
If you are COVID-19 positive or potentially infected, you will be required to stay off campus and self-isolate until you can no longer spread the virus.
- Stay home except to get essential medical care. If you must seek medical care, always call ahead to let your provider know your diagnosis, and wear a face covering.
- Stay isolated from other members of your household and limit visitors. If possible, stay in a separate room away from your family with a private bathroom.
- Do not share dishes, towels, or bedding with other people in your home.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Continue to monitor your symptoms, and if you begin to have difficulty breathing, seek prompt medical attention from your primary care provider or go to the emergency room (wear a mask and always call ahead).
- Cover your coughs and wear a mask at all times at home when in contact with others to limit the spread of contaminated droplets and minimize impact to family members.
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently.
What Will be Needed for you to Return to Work
- In most cases, you may be cleared to return to work following ten (10) days of isolation from the date of the positive test and 24 hours of being asymptomatic of COVID-19 symptoms. The isolation period may be reduced if you are symptom-free and receive two negative tests in a row, at least 24 hours apart, and return is approved by the employee’s treating medical provider. Prior to your test, arrange a time with the test group by emailing email@example.com and instructions will be provided about how the test will be conducted. Please leave immediately after your test.
- Work with EHS director Wade Behnke at 207-859-5504 to discuss your recovery and eligibility to return to work.
- If cleared to return, the EHS director will notify Human Resources and your immediate supervisor with your return date.
For more information review the CDC COVID-19 website: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Colby College COVID-19 informational website: covid19.colby.edu
Colby’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP): 1-800-554-6931
Colby’s Benefits web page: colby.edu/humanresources/benefits
Colby’s Talent Development web page: colby.edu/humanresources/training-and-development/current-schedule